How you can help
There are many ways to help, through financial contributions, food drives and corporate projects as well as hands-on volunteer work.
Saratoga clean up drive November 2013
Assistance will be needed during community days - notably the upcoming clean up on 2 November and mural painting on 30 November. We'll need many hands to clear, weed and clean up the playground area. The school could also do with a handyman to do some simple building maintenance.
Immediate items that we require require ahead of our clean up include:
- Garden tools, compost and water-wise plants
- Cleaning supplies
- Paving stones and planter boxes
- Painting supplies and surplus paint ahead of our mural painting day in November
- Rubble removal
- Help in the garden and with weeding
- Guidance on nutrition
- Food and consumables
Sought after big ticket items include:
- Palisade or Clearvu fencing to secure the school grounds
- Jungle gym for the community park we hope to establish on the plot adjacent to the school
- Astroturf for the kids play area
- Curtaining and accessories (rails, material, installation and sewing skills)
What we can do for you
We are able to offer the opportunity for supporters to advertise on our website and other online marketing channels in the pipeline. Donors will receive a personalised drawing from one of the children you'll be helping.
We’ve partnered with Saratoga and Thundafund in an effort to secure funding to upgrade the school playground area. Our objective is to improve the overall outlook of the play area and to upgrade the existing jungle gym in support of our active lifestyle goals.